12/11/10

Christmas Ornament: Snowman Block

I used the Tim Holtz Embossing Folders again.  They produce great images and are fun to work with.
 I embossed some Ten Second Studio metal sheets, I used Barn Red and the snowman folder.

I took a block of wood and drilled 2 holes in it to use to hang the finished ornament.  I stained the block with Distress Ink and then wrapped the burlap strip around the block.  I secured it with tacky glue.

 I took the embossed image and sanded it to bring out the highlights. I cut around the snowman with deckle scissors and then glued it to the block.
 When it was all dry, I threaded ribbon through the holes and hing the ornament.

This is supposed to look rustic and distressed, which is a very forgiving technique!  Imperfections are well hidden and add to the charm.

Have fun with it! Daniela

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails