9/8/10

Fall Card using Permanent Masking Technique

 I made this after watching a video on making a permanent mask and I really liked the effect of the Glossy Accents on the leaf.  You can use any good size leaf stamp.  I used a large maple leaf stamp from Hero Art.  The Happy Thanksgiving is from Stampendous and the Flourish is from Impression Obsession.  The inks are all Distress Inks from Ranger.

1.  I stamped my leaf with Distress tea dye, then hit it with a heat gun to make sure the ink was dry so it wouldn't run when the Glossy Accents was applied.

2.  Apply Glossy Accents to all of  your stamped image.  If you get bubbles just flick the back or use a pin to pop.  Let dry.  The drying time may vary so I advise maybe leaving it over night or at least 3 hours.  The Glossy Accents makes a permanent mask.

3.  After the Glossy Accents dries use a sponge and sponge various colors onto your card stock.  I used mustard seed, spiced marmalade, peeled paint and rusty hinge.  You can wipe the ink off the Glossy Accents with a baby wipe or damp paper towel.  

4.  Stamp your Flourish, I used tea dye and stamped right over the leaf.  Again just wipe the ink off your leaf.  Stamp your saying and then mount onto a folded piece of card stock.  

There is a video on Hero Art that you can watch to see how the Glossy Accents is applied  if you have a problem.

SherRee



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails