6/18/10

Hero Arts Stamps: One Stamp, Many Looks

The Hero Arts Cling Stamps are really quite ingenious. They are adhesive and stick to any acrylic block, have crisp images but take up much less space than their wood mounted siblings.
I still love the traditional wood mounted stamps, but these Clings (with the cushion already mounted) are quite fantastic.
Here is the Poppy Background Cling Stamp with great simple lines and very pretty results.
For the card below, I chose to use pinks instead of true poppy reds. I stamped the image onto white cardstock using Stazon Platinum metallic ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder and a heat gun.
The next day, I came back and colored the poppy with alcohol markers, layering the pinks with dark pink and even a purple. I mounted it onto pink background paper and placed it on a card.
Same stamp - different technique.
This time I stamped the image onto black cardstock - still using the StazOn Platinum ink and clear embossing powder. I came back and added some color with alcohol markers reminiscent of red poppies. Then, I covered the entire image with Versamark clear ink and heat embossed a clear coating on twice. The completed card looks like a tile.
The last image uses the Cling Stamp CG176
This one used a lot of layers and clear acetate for the card, Hero Arts paper flowers, brads and markers. I used gold embossing powder and cardstock.
First, I stamped and embossed the image onto white paper. I let it dry, then colored in with marker. I mounted it onto a a folded piece of acetate 4x6 inches. I added the paper flowers by punching tiny holes and feeding the brads through them in the enter of the flower.

TIP: Change the color of the paper flowers by coloring them with marker! This makes coordinating cards & scrapbook papers easy.

1 comment:

SherRee said...

I saw the samples at the store Daniela and they are beautiful. The pictures don't do them justice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails