3/5/10

Hero Arts Stamps: One Stamp, Many Looks


Hero Arts 2010 catalog and new stamps are here! Wingdoodle has a bunch of the newest releases for spring.
One of my favorites is "Flower Frog" F5294. The simple image is playful, fun to work with and best of all, the simple shapes are easy to color and easy to cut out.
Another favorite tool to use is the Inkssentials Opaque Pen from Ranger. This pen, similar to a gel pen, is easy to use. It creates right highlights on dark colors and is a great addition to your art supply tool box.
Step 1: After gathering your supplies, stamp your image on paper. I used colored paper, that I planed to embellish with pencils & markers and white paper, that I planned to color with markers.
Step 2: I cut out my images after stamping, but was careful to stamp some "partials" of the images. In this case, I wanted to be able to cut out eyeballs and bellies... I colored the images as I chose, added some highlights with the Inkssentials pen - (I really like the way this pen looks on the darker paper). I added some fun googly-eyes.
1st frog on the left - green paper, eyes colored with white pencil, dots on body from Inkssentials
2nd frog - stamped onto Scenic Paper Pears to give it a patterned background, googly-eyes
3rd frog - stamped onto Scenic Paper (orange background) and googly-eyes
4th frog - stamped onto Scenic Paper, belly was stamped onto green paper, googly-eyes
5th frog - stamped onto Scenic Paper Pears to give it a patterned background, googly-eyes
6th frog - stamped onto Scenic Paper Pears to give it a patterned background, googly-eyes
The bellies have flowers on them, that I colored with markers.

Each image is different, even using the same materials and same techniques. It is so fun to find an image that will work well for this. Hero Arts has a lot of new images that are great for this technique. Have fun with it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails