11/27/10

Christmas Ornaments

Here is is one ornament using Ten Seconds Studio copper metal sheets and Tim Holtz Alterations Embossing Folders.
I used the Alterations Folders - Snow Flurries & Snowman set.  For this project, I used the snow flurry folder.  This produces beautiful snowflakes.
I slid the copper metal sheet inside the folder and then embossed with the giant paper thumb.  You can run your sheet through your die cut machine to emboss or work it with the giant thumb, pressing the image onto the metal.

After I impressed the metal, I covered the back side with red adhesive tape to give a strong hold and covered a tree shape cut out of cardboard. I covered the front and back and burnished nicely to create a good hold.
Then, I went to town embellishing!
I sanded the raised snowflakes on the foil and added some metallic rub ons for variations in color on the metal.  I punched holes in the ornament and added the nameplate with the "merry christmas" saying and attached it with brads.  I added a jump ring at the top and a Tim Holtz holder to hang from a hook.  I added some charms (Tim Holtz) to the jump ring and finished it off with a red ribbon.
The copper looks great hanging on a tree or wreath.

This project can easily be altered with any shape chipboard (christmas ball, star, square, etc) and the metal sheets look great with the embossing!  Try one for fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails