I really liked how this card turned out, you can make it for any occasion just by changing the saying on the side.
Hero Silhouette Ivy
Impression Obsession Butterfly
Any vertical saying
Green and white cardstock and Ranger Glossy paper
Ancient Page black ink pad
Distress Embossing pad
Distress Peeled Paint embossing powder
Distress Dusty Concord embossing powder
Adirondack Mixative Gold
Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution
Distress Dusty Concord ink pad
Adirondack Alcohol Ink Lettuce
1. Either use pre-cut cards measuring 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" or cut a card measuring the same.
2. Cut glossy paper 5 1/8" x 4 1/8" and a small piece for the butterfly.
3. Put a few drops of Adirondack Lettuce on mat and then add a few drop of gold-put a few drops of the blending solution and then drag the larger piece of glossy through the inks. You can add a few more drops of the blending solution and blot up more color. (Clean mat by putting more blending solution on and either wiping up with more paper to save for another project or wipe it off with a paper towel).
4. Using the direct to mat technique swipe Dusty Concord ink pad on mat, drop a few drops of gold and then a few drops of blending solution. Drag small piece of glossy through colors.
5. Ink Ivy with Distress embossing pad and stamp on green and gold glossy paper. (If using Distress embossing powders always use their embossing ink- if you don't you won't be happy with the results. It is made to be used with the Distress emboss powders.)
6. Emboss with the Distress Peeled Paint embossing powder. (Hint: Always shake your Distress embossing powders to mix up the release crystals and do not touch embossed area till completely cooled. If you are going for the distress look rub the area after it is cooled with your fingers, if not just leave alone. If you rub anything off do not dump it back into the jar throw away. Lightly touch the embossed area to make sure it is embossed-if it feels like moving sand heat more. It should feel like sand paper.)
7. Stamp butterfly same way and emboss with Distress Dusty Concord.
8. Cut out butterfly.
9. Cut strips of paper to layer your saying.
10. Make the butterfly and saying dimensional by using mounting tape.
You have a beautiful elegant card to send to someone special.